Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fun in the Fall!


I decided I needed a Fall Themed post for Thanksgiving so I'm putting up some pics from our last trip to Flagstaff, even though it was before Halloween. We drove up the Peaks to a place calledLockett Meadow-it's my favorite place to go in Flagstaff for a couple of reasons.
1. In the Fall the Aspens turn beautiful colors!
2. Mahlon and I went hiking here on our 2nd date so it has sentimental value.
3. It's only a few minutes drive from my parent's home where I grew up so I have a lot of memories of Church activites and family outings from there.
4. It's beautiful all year round.

It had been warm all week but turned cold the weekend we went up so we were FREEZING up there (it's colder on the Mountain) so we didn't stay long : (, but it was worth seeing!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That looks cold...I'm going to go get some hot chocolate now.

The Wilker Family said...

Great pics and what a pretty place! I wish it would feel more like fall here, the temps in the 80's sure aren't helping any!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I haven't been to Lockett Meadow since I was a little kid! I even remember last time I was there...my fam was camping and my brothers and I were tossing cow pies into one of the water holes. Gross I know, I was a major tom boy. I'm so excited to go to Flagstaff in two weeks for the first time in over 5 years. I always love your pictures from when you go!

Blain&Deedra said...

We were in Flag that weekend too. We should call eachother next time we go!