Monday, May 18, 2009

God works in mysterious ways!


So as many of you know, about three months ago the district that Mahlon works for informed him that they would be cutting hundreds of jobs, including his. In April he received his official letter informing him that he would not be offered a contract for next school year. We were very worried and sad because all across the state teachers were losing jobs and the likelihood of us finding a new job seemed very slim. He began applying to anything we could find, which wasn't much. Mahlon is certified to teach Art, but his real passion is photography. At his current job he was teaching one section of each Art, Ceramics, Media tech, and Photography, not the ideal job-but it was paying the bills. So, we were looking for anything, but really hoping for a full-time photography. We applied out of State to several districts and heard nothing back. Then about a month ago we heard Chandler School district was hiring a photography teacher and we thought "This is it. This has to be the job we get." Everything seemed to perfect: it was exactly what Mahlon wanted, full-time film photography, close to family, etc. We applied and he got an interview. We prayed and prayed that the Lord would bless us with this job. I felt that if he didn't get this job, our only other option would be to move out of State, and even that didn't seem promising. We both felt peaceful and hopeful, we were confident that he would get it. Well, he didn't get the job.
We were heart broken and I was ANGRY! I complained because I honestly believed what God has promised, that if I asked in Faith, God would bless me with whatever I desired. I refused to accept that what we had asked for was not right and that that was why we were not given it, I just felt that we were somehow cheated.
Not more than a week after hearing about not getting the job in Chandler Mahlon received a call from his current district saying that they had a full-time photography job available for him within the district, but at a different high school-there was just some paper work to do before they could get a contract to him. I have never felt so stupid- so humbled and so sorry for being angry at the Lord. We had thought that moving to Chandler was the best option for us but God knew better. He knew that it would be in our benefit to not have to move, again. He knew that it would be better for Mahlon to keep his seniority rather than start over at a new district. And He knew that this opportunity would be coming to us. I believe in miracles and I believe that Mahlon getting the job he wanted in a district that had previously cut him was nothing short of a miracle and I can only thank my Father in Heaven for being patient with me and answering our prayers, in a way we could not have imagined- but in a way that has our best interest in mind. So next time things don't go the way I think they should, I'm just going to step aside and let the Lord handle it, He's better at it than I am anyway!
So here's to being employed once again!

6 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that you all don't have to move and that your prayers were answered.

The Wilker Family said...

That's so good to hear! Congrats on the new job! Wouldn't life be so much easier if Heavenly Father just laid it all out for us? Guess that kind of defeats the purpose, huh?!

Anonymous said...

YEAH for being employed! It can be so hard to be patient when you can't see the end result. We all go through things like that and have to re-learn over and over again that the Lord truly knows what we need individually and will take care of us as long as we're doing what He has asked of us.

Carrie said...

I've been out of the blogging loop. A lot of haps on your end! Glad the saga is over and Mahlon has a job. Always a relief! A big congrats!

Kara said...

Congratulations!! That is exciting news!!

SunShine said...

I'm so greatful things worked out this way to it was an answer to my prayer that you wouldn't have to move!! I love your Blog Savana! I'll have to ask you about how to make them really nice. I have one I just never have done anything for it because it's all new for me.