Ellie Alaine Newton
Born Sunday January 10, 2010
Time: 10:43am
Weight: 6lbs 5oz.
Length: 19 3/4 in.
Well, She's here! We are so exited to have our beautiful baby girl! She is so beautiful, we just can't get enough of her. If you're interested in all the details keep reading, if not, then you can just scroll down and see the pictures!
I didn't go into labor naturally so Sunday morning we went into the hospital at 4am. By the time we got checked in and set up it was about 5, they stared me on the monitor and started the induction with a gel. I had to lay flat for an hour and then we walked the halls for 40 min. I was having the occasional contraction but nothing exciting. When we got back to our room around 7 am they checked me and I was still at 3 cm (I had been 3 cm all week, and about 50% effaced) but now 90% effaced . They put my IV in and started me on the lowest dose of pitocin to start. My doctor came in at 7:30 and broke my water and within a few minutes I was having pretty regular contractions. My doctor was schedualed to be in a c-section at 10 so she said, "we should be having a baby by this afternoon, just not between 10 and 11 am" Well, by 9 the contractions were coming pretty strong and they had only increased the pitocin by one level. I was now about 5 cm. Things were defiantly progressing and moving along. around 10am my doctor came in again because I told the nurse I was feeling pressure and she said she had to go into a different c-section for an emergency but that another doctor was there just in case. They took me off the pitocin to try and "slow" things up. By 10:30 I felt like I had to push but I was only a 9 and my doctor wasn't done yet. She came in a few minutes later and I had a few more contractions while she got ready and I started to push. Five minutes later Ellie was out. She was crying right away and was given a score of 9 and 9. Mahlon got to cut the cord and then they gave her to me. Madison was born under such different circumstances that these last two events were new for us. We hadn't decided on a name but once I held her I knew that she was Ellie. I am so grateful that she came healthy and that the labor went perfectly. We were definitely blessed! It was intense but so fast and totally worth it now that I have my beautiful baby!
Here are a few pictures, there will be more to come!




10 comments:
Congratulations!! She is beautiful! And what a fast and easy delivery. So glad everything went well.
She is so beautiful. Congratulations to you and Mahlon! I am sure that little Madison will be a great big sister!
She is adorable! Makes me want another... kinda, like in a couple years. Glad that labor went well~ have fun with your TWO girls :)
Congrats!! She is so adorable and I'm so happy everything went so well for you! We've definitely been thinking about you guys!
That's way exciting, I can't believe how well you did!!! Congrats! Take care!
You're awesome Savana! She is just darling. Makes me miss having a baby girl with all the pink. I guess I will have to settle for a boy :)
First off, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! Second, yeah I missed the whole thing because your blog hasn't been updated since 1972. j/k. She is a beauty just like her sister. Let me know how life with 2 little girls is. All our love and excitement to you, Mahlon, and the kids!
Congrats! She is such a pretty baby! Good work! Glad you are all healthy!!
What a cutie. Congratulations.
Congrats! She is beautiful! Glad everything went well...
Post a Comment