Monday, June 2, 2008

Random events

Well we just got back from a trip to California where we visited Mahlon's older sister and her new baby. He's such a cutie. He was born about 6 weeks early so he's now almost 6 weeks old; (he was due June 3rd) he now weighs about 5lbs. It's crazy to think that even at 6 weeks old he is still smaller than Madison was when she was born! Madison didn't quite know what to think of him. She would get excited and want to look at him, then when he didn't do anything after a second or two, even after she poked him, she would get bored and move on to something else more exciting. We had a fun, relaxing time-eating out, shopping, and watching lots of movies. We took the camera every where we went but never got it out...so here's one of the few pictures we did get.

Madison with her new cousin Jaxon


Also, the other day I came around the corner and laughed out loud when I saw Madison lounging in her bumbo chair, backwards. I don't know how she got in there like that, but it was too cute! When I took the pictures she was looking at me like "what's the big deal, mom?"


So Mahlon got a new video camera for a graduation present, I was so excited to be able to take videos of Madison! (I think I was more excited about Mahlon's gift than he was!) I've been trying to figure out digital video, so hopefully I can upload it correctly....we'll see. (11:32pm update: I've been uplaoding for a while now and wished I had started the video upload first, so it could be loading while I typed out my post. It's taking forever! Lesson learned. Hopefully it's not to big for you all to upload and view...)(still waiting...5 hours later. j/k, but it is taking an annoyingly long time, does it always take this long?) (11:53pm...still waiting.) Now it's "Processing Video"-Argh!


uh...I don't think it worked. : ( (note it's 12:15am) Sorry, all that build up for nothing. I don't know what went wrong?!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I love that picture of Madison with her cousin. Too cute! Can you believe she'll be one in a week? It seems just like yesterday that you had her!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

video's take a super long time to load.... it is no fun waiting! it sounds like you had a fun trip :)

The Wilker Family said...

It's so crazy how Madison has always looked so little but compared to her cousin she's a giant! What a difference a year makes I guess!

Blain&Deedra said...

Kaydee started doing that too, but I have yet to snap the camera before she has moved ARGH! And I haven't figured out the whole video upload thing either. Glad Jaxon is doing well. See you in two weeks!!! I'm excited. We won't be camping but we'll be staying over at Bison Ranch. Maybe we could take the kids swimming one of the days you're here.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her in the chair. It looks like she got stuck on the toilet :) And with the video, it works best if the clip is 30 seconds to a minute. You just have to let it process forever, but the shorter the clip the better it works.