As a spin-off of Kara's post I'd like to leave my own farewell message. We've been packing all day and will be hitting the road tomorrow for our new home in Glendale. There are lots of things to be excited about and lots of things to be sad about to. Here's my list of things I'm excited about, what what I'm not.
What I'm looking forward to:
1. Moving into a newer, nicer and bigger apartment (with NEW appliances!) and not paying anymore than we do now!
2. Having a mall within walking distance from our house (a place to get out and escape the heat) as well as costco, target, and pretty much anything you can think of within a few minutes away.
3. Being closer to family
4. Having my husband working instead of going to school!
5. Getting away from Tucson driving.
6. Living closer to the Temple
What I'm not looking forward to:
1. Having to make new friends and leaving behind all my greatest girl friends. When will I do scrap booking, if not once a month at scrap night? and when will I get another GNO????
2. The phoenix heat (its MUCH worse than Tucson-it never cools down!) and the monsoons are not as great up there either.
3. Phoenix traffic-Most the time I love phoenix driving, its WAY better than Tucson because there is a freeway to everything-however nothing is more frustrating than having 6 lanes of traffic at a complete stand-still all becouse some grandma 10 miles ahead is going to slow!
4. Having to work out alone, instead of going to my class that I LOVED!
5. Having to find a new doctor for Madison (and me)
Tucson has been a great home for us and will always be special to us for the people we met here, the memories we've made and the events that took place. This is where Mahlon and I first lived, where Madison was born and where we became a family. We both received our educations here- and we will always look back on the time we spent here with fondness. I will miss everyone and I hope we'll continue to stay in touch over the years! Goodbye Tucson, Hello Glendale!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Wildcats forever! Good luck Mahlon with the new job. You'll love your new adventure in Phoenix, it's a hoppin place there!
We'll miss you guys! It was great seeing you last night.
I agree with Kara, it was great seeing you (and her) last night! We'll miss you guys for sure, but we're excited that we'll be able to come see you sometime! Good luck with everything!
I've been slowly packing boxes because we are moving in TWO WEEKS!!! I am SOO excited. It's all in the BIGGER place. Yeah for Madison taking her first steps!! My girls are trying, AAAHH I'll have to come visit you sometime! Oh and NO I did not free hand that drawing, I used a projector, not quite THAT talented!
We'll miss you Sav! Maybe we can meet up at the temple some time. Good luck in your new place, it sounds great!
It could be worse! You could be moving to the other side of the country!
At least you are close to family still. :)
You'll get along swimmingly. And you'll have to swim in that heat! ;)
OH GOODNESS! I almost forgot!
Happy Birthday, by the way! :)
we will really miss you! i will still keep you on the email list for gno and such, in case you get a wild hair and want to come down here. we have room for you to stay!
Good Luck! You'll make TONS of friends before you know it!
We have a special place in our hearts for Glendale because Ben was born there! We were also married (civilly) there. I'm sure glendale is totally happy to have such a great family live there!
Post a Comment