Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Play time


From the time she was a newborn, Madison has always preferred to be sitting up rather than laying back. Before she could hold her head steady, when I would put her in a reclining position such as in the car seat or in her "babypapasan" she would struggle to lift her head in an attempt to sit up. I always got a kick out of what looked like "little crunches". Now that she can hold her head steady we prop her up either in the chair or on the couch, but she gets fussy and squirmy, or falls over because she can't hold herself in a sitting position ans seems frustrated by her lack of strength. One night while trying to keep our hands free to eat dinner she was fussing in her propped position,Mahlon said to her "you just want to sit up, don't you" -that's when I got the idea to use the boppy. I put it around her waist which gave her the support she needed to stay "sitting". She instantly was satisfied and we were able to eat dinner. Now it's one of her favorite ways to hang out or play with her toys. I just think it is so cute to see her sit up with her little head sticking out the top and he feet hanging out the bottom! I love it, so I had to snap a few pictures.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

OK that's hilarious! She looks like she's swimmin' in that thing! What a big girl to sit up like that by herself, great idea on the boppy...and I WONDER why my kids didn't crawl until 12-months...hmmmm!

Anonymous said...

That's totally cute!!!

Kara said...

I've never seen the boppy used in the front to help babies sit up. I've only seen it the other way. Good idea! She is too cute.