Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Best Friends...Worst Enemies!


I thought it was about time to blog about my "second child". Jacob is the little guy that I baby sit 5 days a week, 9 hours a day (just a note: that's 40 hours a week!) and I definately am not making minnimum wage, but hey, it's something. Anyway, he's 16 months old and when I take the two out together (which doesn't happen very often) I get some pretty strange looks and a lot of "Are they both yours?" or "Are they twins?". Thank goodness they can't really both be my own! Mostly it's not so bad, he's pretty well behaved, for a todler. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Madison's first words were "no, no, Jacob". The two of them play together fairly well, but it's not always happy. When I took this picture Jacob had just been making Madison laugh, which is something he does a lot...then seconds later she'll be crying because he started poking at her, pushed her over, batted her on the head with something or took her toy away. It's a love / hate relationship. So here's the question of the day...do I ever want two of my own?

5 comments:

Steve-Krista-Collin-Sydney said...

I hear ya!!!!! Sometimes I think Collin enjoys making Sydney squill and cry- but then he is so loving and tender with her. I think that it is different when both the children are yours and if you ask me who Sydney's favorite person is I would have to say hands down that it is Collin. Her face just lights up when he is around. So, to answer your question- I would have to say yes- just have them YEARS apart!!!! (3 is great)

Carrie said...

It will be far better when they are both your own! Rather than feeling a diaper changing and nose wiping job it becomes how you feel for Madison which is reaping the rewards, benefits, love, and joy from it. My kids are less than 2 years apart and they are so close people think they're twins. They even act like twins always copying each other, laughing at the same time, and what a kodak moment when they are walking holding hands. Precious. My transition from one child was much more difficult than two children. I just look at it as I stay home and that's my job and this is my family and how fun it's been to see my family grow. You are a cute little mom and for what you're doing now...two of your own may be a walk in the park!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it Savana! I honestly don't want to know what it's like to raise two kids until they're my own. One is hard enough:)

Kara said...

He's cuuuute. Even if he does beat up on Madison :). I agree with Krista. Have them a few years apart. I don't believe that the closer in age your kids are the better friends they'll be. Brad and his older brother are 18 months apart and they're as different as night and day! Then there's kids who are 3 or 4 years apart and they're the best of friends. So you never know. You better atleast have a boy. I want to see what a cute boy you'll make seeing that Madison is so dang precious!

Carlie said...

we have had this conversation-- and it is crazy! i can't imagine having more than one baby at this point in my life.
you crack me up- first words are 'no no jacob', seriously! it is getting better for us since they really DO like playing together, except when they hate it. :)
ya.... good luck with that!