Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a very happy Easter. Since it was spring break as well, we decided to start the weekend with a little camping trip. We went to Peppersauce Canyon, just north of Tucson and had a great time. Madison loved being able to play around out side, we let her play in the dirt and she loved it...we figure when you're camping you're supposed to eat dirt and get dirty! There are some caves there, but it was too much to take Madison in so we went for a little hike and spent the evening relaxing and sitting by the fire (complete with marshmallow roasting!) Although we nearly froze to death that night we had a lot of fun. After camping we headed to Gilbert to spend Easter with Mahlon's family. We went to the Zoo, which was fun- Madison couldn't really figure out what it was we were looking at, but she liked being outside. She also loved her easter basket left by the Easter Bunny (aka, Grandma Newton) complete with cookies and snacks! It was so wonderful to spend a long weekend together as a family!









12 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

I can't let Steve see this, he's been dying to go camping forever and everytime we plan on it something comes up. He'll be so jealous! I love Madison's Easter dress, it's absolutely adorable!!

Carrie said...

Glad you had a fabulous Easter!

I see Mahlon in her in every single picture on this post...every single picture!

The Wilker Family said...

HAHAHAHA I should have known my wife would want to hide this from me!!! She is totally right, too. As I was reading about your camping I was getting totaly jealous.

P.S. Madison's dress is sooooo cute.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should all plan a big camping trip together before SOME people leave! Mike has desperately been wanting to go fishing and I am NOT a fisher!!! He needs some guys to go with.

Kara said...

I love Madison's dress. Glad you all had a good Spring Break and Easter!

Stefanie said...

What a cute Easter dress! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Savana said...

Jas-
that would be fun. Last year we went to a lake thats only 1 1/2 hours away. We went fishing and hiking, and they also had boats and kiaks that you could rent for really cheap. We had a lot of fun and the campground had bathrooms with showers, for those of you who don't like to "rough it"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, I'm sure Mike would LOVE someone to go fishing with. It's sure not going to be me!!!!! And yes, our pool is heated. Carlie's pool is heating too. We'll give you a call the next time we take the babies swimming so you can bring Madison.

Carlie said...

swimming, camping, i'm game for it all! it would be fun to go camping with others with kids too, so we all have our hands full!
i'm usually ok with really 'roughing' it, but with a baby, i'm thinking the running water would make life easier.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Love her easter dress and love your blog! i like reading about other people doing the same thing i am- staying home with baby! good to catch up and keep in touch :)

Carrie said...

Our pool is heated too. Anytime you want to use it you can.

Blain&Deedra said...

I love the pictures, and I was totally going to buy that dress, but of course I didn't end up buying their easter dresses, they were given to us. Hey and nice stroller, :) I may come down there in two weeks, do you know of a place I could stay? Or I might just plan on a day trip from Coolidge. I need to go see Grandma Busby anyway.