Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meal Time fun!

Those of you with babies know that they spend a great deal of their time eating! Madison is no exception. I feel as though I've barely cleaned her chair from the previous meal and she's ready to eat again and get it all dirty! This is especially true now that she likes to feed herself! By coincidence we've had a couple funny experiences at meal time in the last couple of days.

The first happened Saturday. I left Mahlon at home with Madison while I ran some errands. He was to feed her lunch, then lay her down for a nap. While feeding her lunch he had on some music, it happened to be a "relax mix" that I had made up a while
back. He said he was working on the computer and looked over to see Madison "nodding off" then a moment later he looked over again to find this:



The best part is that I had told him to make sure he changed her diaper before laying her down. He said he picked her up,took her to her room and changed her diaper all without her opening her eyes! He said while changing her she just lay there with her legs up, eyes closed, and a big smile on her face!

Then last night, I fed Madison spaghetti; enough said.




Needless to say we had bath time immediately following dinner!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

That's a hoot!!!

At least when you leave her alone with Mahlon she gets fed. I swear I left Tyson alone with Joel and would ask "What did you give him for lunch?" and he would say "Uhhh...." He would forget to feed him! Then again Tyson would be asleep in his bed and not his high chair. Gosh I couldn't tell you which father I'd rather have, it's a toss up!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

too sweet! and don't think i didn't notice the bows in her neatly combed hair!

i have a cake class every thursday evening. this week i left at 6, just after laying jenna down, and told dave (who was just laying down for his own nap) to feed her when she got up. i get home two hours later to find them both still fast asleep!
i always wonder what it would be like to be the dad and not the mom. they do a really good job!

Blain&Deedra said...

Sometimes I think I should leave Blain to be a Stay at home dad, the girls go to bed and eat and everything like little angels for him, and I get stuck with the tantrums, YES at 7 months old we have tantrums. Fun stuff. My girls LOVE to feed themselves.

Carlie said...

i love it... as anyone could guess by looking at ellena, she NEVER misses a meal by sleeping through it! love the hairbows too. what a big girl!

Anonymous said...

Those are the best pictures!!!! HILARIOUS:)

The Wilker Family said...

Those are some seriously great pictures!! Priceless moments! The asleep pictures make me want to take a nap right now. Love it.